payment terms & Timelines
1. 35% of your total cake balance is due to secure your order and date. If booking less than 2 weeks before event date, full payment is due upon booking.
2. Your initial retainer reserves your event date and is NON-REFUNDABLE.
1. Your total cake price is due 14 days before your event date.
NON PAYMENT & CANCELLATIONS
1. Notifications of cancellation must be made 14 days prior to the pick-up/delivery date; after which 100% of total monies is forfeited and cannot be used toward any future cake purchases. The retainer is non-refundable. However, you will have no monies owed to The Mix Baking Co.
2. If your balance is not paid 1 week before your event date, your order will be cancelled. Please note, the retainer is non-refundable.
1. There is an additional retainer for Cake Stands or other hardware. These retainer will be based upon the value of the items being used/rented. These retainers should be in a separate check, received with the Final Payment. This check will not be deposited, but held in trust and returned when Cake Stands are returned within 3 days and in good condition.
2. The value and shipping of any broken or missing pieces will be deducted from your retainer. Because our sets usually cost more than the retainer, you may be required to pay the difference. In the event you neglect to return our set by 72 hours after the wedding, you will be charged full value of the set.
Orders, Delivery, & Our Guarantee To You
CAKE ORDER/DESIGN CHANGES
1. The date of your final balance is the final date for any changes of size, style, or flavours of the cake. Any changes requested after this date cannot be guaranteed and may be subject to additional charges.
DELIVERY & SET UP
1. Delivery and set up is available at an additional charge.
2. The Mix Baking Co. is not responsible for any damage to the cake after setup is complete. You are responsible for providing an appropriate, secure/stable, and level table and environment for the cake(s). Cakes are heavy and require a sturdy table, and optimal room temperature of 75 degrees or below. Please note that direct sunlight and temperatures of 75 degrees and higher may have drastic and adverse effects on any cake.
3. It is Client's responsibility to provide a stable, level table out of direct sunlight to maintain the structural integrity of your cake. Your cake table should not exceed 36" height without prior discussion with The Mix Baking Co. This is so in order to provide excellence of delivery and set up. If cakes tables exceed 36" additional ladders and steps may be necessary to provide safe set up of your cake. Without prior discussion, the supplies needed to complete set up in a safe manner may not be readily available.
4. A photo will be taken of your order once the setup is complete.
1. The Mix Baking Co. promises you the best product and service we can provide. However, The Mix Baking Co. cannot be held responsible for anything that should happen to the cake once delivery is complete.
2. If an accident occurs during the transportation of your cake and the cake is ruined, or an act of God prevents against delivery, a stock cake will be provided for photos. As The Mix Baking Co. is a custom order bakery, we cannot ensure replacement cake will be immediately available.
3. We use the highest quality of ingredients and refined skills to ensure that every cake that leaves our kitchen is delicious, moist, and perfect for you and your event. Wedding and Corporate Event clients will have sampled our cakes during Tastings to ensure quality. That said, cake, and all food, is a subjective matter. Should you have any concerns regarding the quality of the cake's flavour or texture, please get in touch as soon as possible to ensure resolution of the matter in a satisfactory manner. Refunds will not be issued on subjective opinion. Should you intend to pursue a fair partial-refund or other reasonable resolutions at the discretion of the owners of The Mix Baking Co., and established on a case by case basis, you must return the cake (or sizeable portion thereof) in good condition (thoroughly covered and refrigerated if more than a few hours has passed since delivery/pick up) for a secondary and tertiary quality control sampling.
Allergy Notice & order Documentation
1. The Mix Baking Co. products may contain or come into contact with milk, wheat, nuts, soy, and other allergens. You agree to notify your guests of this risk for any allergic reactions.
2. The Mix Baking Co. is not responsible for any allergic reactions to guests consuming the product.
3. Though we may be able to marginally accommodate dietary restrictions, The Mix Baking Co. is NOT a certified nut-free, lactose-free, dairy-free, gluten-free bakery.
The Mix Baking Co. may photograph your cake or may order copies of pictures from your photographer. We reserve the right to use any photographs for our own reference or for display and/or promotion without compensation to you.
If you have chosen to have your cake picked up, we cannot be responsible for damage to any cake once it has left The Mix Baking Co.. Any repairs or additional cakes will be subject to additional fees. A Pick-Up waiver will be signed at time of pick-up by client or designated individual, and safe cake travel instructions will be provided either in email prior to your pick up date or at the time of pick-up.
1. For liability reasons, if you plan on serving desserts not provided by The Mix Baking Co., a sign stating what has been provided by whom is required on the dessert table.
CFO Class A Permit Issued by the State of California, County of Sacramento
Owner: Leah Younan
The Mix Baking Co.
Official Business Address and License Number Provided Upon Request.